Designed to connect single & three phase high current power circuits, Powersafe single pole connectors are at the forefront of both safety and technical capability.
With increased demand for temporary high-power systems in entertainment & industrial applications, the choice of high current connectors is critical to ensure safety and reliability for every use. Designed to connect single & three phase high current power circuits, These connectors have been tried and tested in some of the harshest environments worldwide; from the oil fields of Canada to data centres in the Arctic Circle. Based on their impressive technical capabilities, added safety features, rugged construction, reliability and quality, they are a popular choice for professional engineers. Standard safety features include a secondary locking system which requires a key to unlock the connection. This is in addition to finger-proofed electrical contacts on all connectors, which reduces the risk of accidental contact when the connector is live. Connectors are available in cable and panelmount formats with either crimp or screw contacts. Rated at 500A and 800A for single core cables from 25 – 300mm2.
- 800A maximum (505A UL Product)
- Colour coded & mechanically keyed to prevent connection errors
- Flame retardant (UL94-V0)
- Locking mechanism to prevent accidental disconnection under load
- Finger-proof contacts to prevent access to electrical contacts when uncoupled (M & F)
- IP67 ingress protection
- Cables from 25mm2 to 300mm2 CSA, and a choice of screw & crimp terminals
- Multipoint, self-wiping contact area
- High impact bodies & high temperature resistant materials
- Integral cable strain relief
- Metric EN compliant cable glands, with increased cable clamping range
- No special tools required for assembly
- Daisy chain hook-up system
- Panel mount connector & mounting plates
- Rubber hand grip for ease of coupling and added impact protection
- Protective caps to protect connectors from moisture, dirt and abrasion when uncoupled (optional)
High Current Capacity
The connector’s advanced contact design achieves its 800A continuous rating by utilising an arrangement of 29 transfer bridges. Each transfer bridge is rated at 30A, giving a total of 870A per contact.
*Set screw version available up to 150mm2, reduction sleeves available for cables sizes 25, 35, 50, 70 & 95mm2. Caps and accessories also available, please ask for details. **Larger cable glands upon request.